- Create PDF and PDF/A documents from virtually any Windows file.
- Convert and merge files into a single PDF document.
- Convert entire collections of files to PDF in one batch.
- Scan paper documents to PDF.
- One-button PDF creation from Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Create 'intelligent' PDF documents with bookmarks, links, metadata, and security from Microsoft Office programs.
Copying & Exporting PDF:
- Export PDF for reuse in Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, OpenOffice and more.
- Use different conversion modes to export files that look precisely like the original PDF and others that are easier to edit and repurpose.
- Extract all text and images from PDF documents.
- Batch convert PDF files to Word, RTF, and text formats.
- Copy text while retaining formatting, including font, color, and size.
- Insert and edit text, including font, size, color and more.
- Edit images — insert, resize, rotate, crop, flip, replace, arrange, delete, and extract.
- Edit image properties — brightness, contrast, color space, and resolution.
- Edit pages — insert, delete, rotate, crop, extract, and replace.
- Split pages of PDF documents based on page groups, page ranges, and bookmark structure.
- Add headers, footers, watermarks, and text to all pages in a document.
- Add Bates numbering across a collection of PDF documents.
- Add and edit bookmarks and links.
- Auto-create bookmarks based on document text formatting and headings.
- Auto-create links based on keywords and page numbers.
- Optimize, shrink and repair PDF documents.
- Edit document properties including metadata and initial view settings.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR):
- Create PDF files from scanned paper documents, or existing image-based PDF files, perfect for publishing, editing, or archiving.
- Create fully compliant PDF/A documents.
- Create editable PDF files and customize documents using the Editable Text feature.
- Create easily searchable, PDF/A compliant documents for archiving with 'Searchable Image' mode.
- Flexible multi-language support.
Reviewing & Marking Up PDF:
- Highlight text content with the Highlight, Underline, Cross Out and Replace Text tools.
- Add Sticky Notes, Text Boxes, and Call Out annotations.
- Add freehand drawings with the Pencil tool.
- Add drawing shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, polygons and clouds.
- Apply stamps to pages, choosing from standard built-in stamps or your own custom creations.
- Attach documents and other files to your PDF pages.
- Add explanatory text and other feedback to your markups.
- Sort and manage comments.
- Filter comments based on type, author, status, subject, and more.
- Summarize comments for easy viewing alongside page content. View the summary as a PDF or print it for paper-based reviewing.
- Secure documents with passwords and certificates.
- Encrypt with 40-bit, 128-bit, and 256-bit level security.
- Apply restrictions on printing, copying, and altering PDF documents.
- Create and apply re-usable security profiles.
- Digitally sign and certify PDF files.
- Fill in, save, print and submit forms.
- Design forms.