To make a long story short, FarmerGPS ahead and did exactly that. FarmerGPS v5.12.7 runs on a Windows 7/8, Windows Vista, Windows XP or Windows 2000 based PCs and connects to any GPS via a standard serial cable or USB-serial cable.
FarmerGPS 5 including 3D perspective view (as of version 5), "light-bar" like directions, resolution change, sprayer on/off input, record keeping, exports to Excel, OpenOffice, Google Earth etc.
Features Of FarmerGPS v5.12.7:
- Reducing overlap and minimizing spraying gaps
- Lowering fertilizer and chemical costs by reducing overlaps
- Minimizing environmental impact
- Verifying complete coverage - at the time of application
- Maintaining reports on all field activity
- Marking areas or points in the field
- FarmerGPS will work with basically any GPS receiver providing NMEA 0183 positional output. FarmerGPS uses the RMC and GGA NMEA sentences.